Sunday, December 10, 2023

2023 Holiday Letter

Listen.  I could draw this whole thing out and build up to it, or I can just skip the fluff and jump right into OUR WEDDING! 

Sure, there were other things that happened in 2023, but for us, the most important thing happened on March 12, 2023.  In front of 70 of our friends and family, we married the crap out of each other.  

(Read this next paragraph like Stefon from SNL)

This wedding had everything.  There were tears. There were laughs. There were f-bombs thrown by both the bride and the groom.  There was an incredibly special fart joke.  There was a SPECTACULAR gown.  But most importantly there was love.  Not just the love that we had for each other, but the love we felt from those there celebrating with us.  It was a perfect day.  A perfect day that flew by.  

After the wedding, I said to Jeff that I woke up at 5 a.m. and next thing I knew, I was standing in the parking lot, getting into the car to go home a married woman.  

Because it went by in a flash, I am so happy that we have a beautiful wedding video to watch over and over again.  What was that? You want to see it too?  Well, if you insist…

 

When I shared this video with someone, they responded, “That was the most heartfelt f-word I’ve ever heard.”  They weren’t wrong.

Immediately after the wedding, we left for our honeymoon.  We spent six glorious days on the big island of Hawaii.  We did all the stuff you’re supposed to do in Hawaii: went to the beach, went whale watching, tried throwing things in a volcano to see what would happen but couldn't because that's frowned upon (lesson learned!), went snorkeling, ate way too much, got SUPER sunburnt, and overall had the best time. 

As heavenly as our honeymoon was, it was admittedly wonderful coming home, and starting our married life.

Prior to the wedding, we both had our wild and crazy bachelor/bachelorette parties.  

Since I’m wildly outrageous and super over the top, you know my party was too.  That’s why me and a group of the best girlfriends someone could ask for got a cabin up in Payson for a weekend and did crafts.  The theme was, “Crafting in a cabin before becoming a Kabler.” Only stretchy pants were allowed all weekend.  My group treated me to the best weekend.  Junk food, hikes (or walks 20 feet and turn around and go back in), laughs, and a massage! If that wasn’t enough, they also each made a scrapbook for me.  They included pictures of me with each of them throughout our friendships.  Big fat hot tears rolled down my face when I saw the final product.  I was so touched by the act and by the messages each of them wrote.  It was a wonderful weekend of sisterhood and impressive powerhouse women. 


I would be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to shout out my GOAT MOH (Greatest of All Time Matron of Honor), Nanna.  We’ve been friends for a million years and the depths of our friendship are unfathomable.  We’ve truly grown up together, and getting to celebrate our big life milestones together is one of my biggest blessings.  Also? Her speech was amazing – as were the others!

Jeff’s trip was just as wild.  The details are vague, but from what I gathered, Jeff and his brother went to Las Vegas and volunteered at a soup kitchen, saved a kitten, read to orphans, and cut the grass for senior citizens.  They sure were busy!

Speaking of Vegas, Jeff made it out there FOUR (4) times this year.  I only made it out there three times.

In addition to his bachelor party, Jeff had a conference to attend in Vegas, and it just so happened that it coincided with our dating anniversary, so we had an excuse to have a weekend in Vegas.  Jeff surprised me with a lovely suite at a fantastic resort that I hope to return to in the future.  

The following month, we went to Vegas to go see Ed Sheeran.  We went with our friends Monica and Aaron and had a great time.  We pregamed (a lot), so when we were walking up the very long walkway to the stadium and a police officer announced on his PA that the concert was cancelled, we weren’t too upset.  Also, pregaming and then having nothing planned in Vegas can go one of two ways: having an amazing night or going to bed early because your old ass decided to do shots of straight vodka and you don’t drink so the alcohol hit hard.  I’ll let you guess how our evening ended.  

Our last and final trip was the following month (if you’re keeping track at home, that is three trips three months in a row) to see the make-up Ed Sheeran show.  I don’t care who judges me for it: that little ginger can make amazing music.

Neither of us changed jobs this year, thank God.  Both of our jobs burn us out keep us very busy.  Very busy.  But we’re both like what we do (most days).  

 

Our boys are doing well.  Unfortunately, they did not make it to the wedding because everybody we would have asked to take care of them after the ceremony was at the wedding. So, instead, we had tiny little idols made of them, and put them where they would have wanted to be: on the cake. Buster continues his dedication to waking us up at 5 a.m. Pilot continues to mark his territory and protect us.  We’re really living that double income little dog owners’ life.

It’s safe to say that 2023 was our best year yet!  We were blessed countless times by so many of our loved ones, and we are filled with gratitude for our blessings and the love sent our way.  Thank you for your support.  Even if all you did was read this silly holiday letter, that’s a blessing to us and we appreciate you!

We wish you all the happiest of holidays and blessed New Year!

Love,
THE KABLERS


No comments:

Post a Comment